As I had mentioned a few posts and tweets back that I would be doing something special for December, seeing that its the last month of 2019. A very dear blogger friend Soumya decided to start a new Instagram handle where she would be posting only bookish feed. She came up with an idea to kick start her nouveau SM entry with a book contest and asked me to collaborate with her.
So here is what we have come up with. We consider ourselves die hard bibliophiles and wished to extend this book fetish on our respective Instagram handles. How many favorite books do you think you have? Whats makes them your favorite? Can you pick one each, if we gave you genres/authors/topics/prompts, that would be unique to them?
Intrigued? Pin for later!
We have finalized 31 prompts, one for each day of December and will be posting the prompt along with our selection, on our handles. That reminds me, you are following us on Insta-aren’t you?
1. A classic tale which is an actual CLASSIC according to you
2. A book with a woman on the cover.
3. A book with parallel narration or multiple point of views
4. A book that is a translation (originally written in another language)
5. A book about a journey – travelogue or self-discovery.
6. A book revolving around food or has food in its title.
7. A book where an animal is the protagonist
8. A book by an author from your country.
9. A crime/political/thriller from an author of another nationality.
10. A book with magic in its theme.
11. A book revolving around death.
12. A book with a person’s name in the title.
13. A book gifted/recommended highly to you that surprised you.
14. An out and out love story.
15. A book with priceless humor/wit.
16. A book that is a biography/auto-biography.
17. A collection of short stories that you would recommend for literary finesse.
18. A book that was made into a movie.
19. A book by an author you read for the first time this year.
20. A self-help book.
21. A book you bought due to the hype but regretted after.
22. A book with a color in its title.
23. A book bought solely for its cover/title.
24. A graphic novel.
25. A book you read this year that you would recommend to everyone.
26. A book by an author whose name starts with ‘J’.
27. A book with the word ‘book’ in its title or revolves around books.
28. A children’s book.
29. A book written by an author known to you.
30. 2 or more books by the same author.
31. A book that won a literary award
Rules for #DecBookLove
- Should follow @shalzmojo and @she_booked_it on Instagram and tag them in every post daily
- Should post each day based on the specified prompt with these hashtags #DecBookLove, #Amreading, #books, #bibliophile #bookstagram (you can add more if you wish to)
- You can post anytime during the day. You can also tag other people to participate
- People who complete all the 31 Instagram prompts will be eligible for the giveaway
- Two participants will receive two books each as the prize (the books will be shared from our much loved collection and will not be brand new)
- Prize will be dispatched to an Indian postal address only
So go rummage through your bookshelves and see what you can come up as your favorites for these prompts. We are keen to add diversity to our TBR via your posts. Its also a great way to sneak a peek in the bookshelves of fellow book lovers.
I am going to try and write Book reviews for some of these books and in case you wish too, do let me know as and when you do.
Leaving you with a Book review of a book that amazed me with its narration and plot- The time traveller’s wife