What’s in my Work Bag?
My typical work day could consist of an office day which could quickly get converted into a site visit too. For this reason, my work bag is one of the heaviest as I need it to multitask to suit my schedule. Oh I forgot to mention, I am an Interior Design Consultant.
So let’s peek into this bag and see what goodies does it hold? Fair warning, I am a quirk hoarder and lust after pretty looking things which I then have to pick up.
The Work Bag
This is a funky green (oh my love for colours) carry-on bag that I happened to pick up from the street market in Singapore, many moons ago. I fell in love with its sturdiness and the colour of course. I loved the smart striped pattern on the inside of the bag.
Yup that’s what the inside of it looks like and you bet your bottom dollar, this is one heavy-duty bag. I love collecting small pouches of all hues and design as these are so convenient to pack my tonnes of stuff into. Makes switching a bag so much easier as I have to do is take out the small bags and dump into a another handbag (tell me aren’t I smart!!!)
- A scarf to glam up my look (also used to wipe sweat if at site 😉 )
- My wallet – it’s got Kashmiri crewel work on it which I picked up from Srinagar.
- A hairbrush
- My I pad in its sturdy leather case
- Portable Battery charger
- A cloth carry bag (just in case I need to pop into a grocery store on my way back)
- Another pouch with Kashmiri work which houses cables, etc.
- A notebook to make notes (this one is handmade out of elephant poo paper – I swear, I kid you not!!)
- Visiting card holder
- Ok one more Kashmiri pouch which houses my day makeup and stationery items.
- A bottle of water (I pop it into the fridge and put it into my bag just as I am stepping out)
- Dabur Gulabari (it gets very dirty at the sites and I need this to freshen me up)
- Can’t do without my Samsung J7 phone
- My coin purse
- A kutchi worked spectacle case for my second pair of eyes (picked this up from Dastakar haat)
- A hair scrunchy
- My trusted Raybans (Whooooo!!! Aviators)
- A tape measure, very important for my work at site. (This one is from Napa Dori)
I guess you would want a little peek into the three pouches as well? Why not – I got nothing to hide.
Make up comprises of a few sturdy essentials like:
- Eau-de-toilet spray that I had custom-made from a perfumery store in Kochi.
- Blush & brush
- Lipstick to match the outfit for the day (or simply my mood)
- Kajal liner
- Forest Essential lip balm (I just love this one)
- Clinique lip gloss (to glam up my look)
Stationery is simple a few pens in different colours, a Shaffer’s ball point and the tape measure. And I normally have some mint toffee (Fox’s) for a little sugar rush!!!
And last but not the least, my keys!!!
Well that sums up my work bag. I hope you liked peeking into it. What do you think of my eclectic love of all things handmade? Perhaps you would want some of these goodies?
This post was written as a Guest post for Zainab and was first published on her blog on 30th august 2017
On an additional note:
My blog will turn one year as self hosted and to celebrate this milestone, I have planned a GIVEAWAY all the month of september! Details as below:
So what are you waiting for? Put on your thinking cap and type away…. ☘
Passionate about everything design, I am in love with photography, travel and baking. My writing journey was initiated with my letter writing hobby as a child and has metamorphosised into serious blogging. I indulge with reading fantasy fiction, day dreaming and sipping good wine.